1. Our first year went by so fast -- highs and lows, good times and bad times. Good reminder of our vows: "I promise to be true to you, in good times and in bad..."
2. Great Adventure - Derrick had his first Bible study ever last year! It was a great blessing. God planned it perfectly! The Great Adventure, A Journey Through the Bible covered 14 books of the Bible in a 24-week period. What a good foundation for Derrick to continue his study of Scripture! Check out http://www.greatadventureonline.com/
3. Selflessness - Still working on that -- every hour of every day. In this marriage (or any marriage!), communication and compromise are very important.
4. Travel - God blessed me and Derrick with an awesome honeymoon (Paris and London!) and we also visited the Philippines between 3rd year and 4th year.
5. Working and helping each other- Derrick is an enormous help when I have troubles. And I feel that I also impart something to him-- may it be my passion for reading or exploring God's word, or my crazy, cheery self when I want to see him smile.
6. Our own family - It is truly a dream come true for me to have found my one, true love, one that I could absolutely share my growth and my drawbacks, my successes and my disappointments, my dreams and my fears.
7. Children - I have not changed my mind! I still want a big family! Children are blessings from the Lord. If it is his will for me and Derrick to raise x number of children -- so be it! "Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward." Psalms 127:3.
8. Trust - I will finish this entry with one of my several favorite verses: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs: 3:5-6.
Blogged by: Sarah Isis D